The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just a quick thought...

If The Hour is a Canadian show, then shouldn't Mile-a-Minute be Kilometre-a-minute? I realize that mile a minute is a saying, and that kilometre isn't as catchy, but shouldn't we be using the unit of measurement that so many young Canadians have grown up with?
Well, on the other hand, I guess the whole purpose of The Hour is to do things out of the norm.

Ok, I realize that that was quite ridiculous, but it was bugging me, and I wanted to get it out of my mind. That's what blogs are for anyway, right? Well, thanks for listening to yet another of my rants!

-Becky

10 comments:

Barbara said...

How about a klick a minute. But that's slower than a mile a minute. I think it would take something like 4 kilometre-a-minute to keep up. I started my education walking miles to school (up hill both ways)so I am comfortable with miles Becky.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Klick-a-minute would work very well. I could get behind that.
And I had to walk miles to school uphill both ways as well - barefoot.

hilary m. said...

Kilometre a... Kount of 85 Sekonds?
It just doesn't ring..

Becky said...

I feel sorry for you guys, you sound like my dad. He had to walk miles to school up hill both ways, barefoot, in St. Johns' blizzard.
Righto.

Jas B said...

I guess here we are pretty messed up where units are concerned, we use kilometers, but are stuck with pounds...

Klick-a-minute would work well!

Anonymous said...

Before the start of Season 2, the whole gang met up for a beer. George and I discussed "metre-a-minute," but I suppose we wouldn't want anyone to think we're slow... eh?

I like klick-a-minute too, though. But it doesn't have the advantage of alliteration.

Barbara said...

((((Jeremy))))
Good to see you back Jeremy. Thanks for the feedback!
Metre-a-Minute would be very slow.
I think you made the right choice with Mile-a-Minute.

Becky said...

Alliteration is always good... and going a meter a minute would be ssllooww.
Klick-a-minute is good, but then, I like the whole "m" theme.

Anonymous said...

How about kilometre on the clock? Kind of cumbersome...

Becky said...

ooohhh, I like...
Not as catchy as mile-a-minute, but witty, and keeps the alliteration.