The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We all miss The Hour.

I will be watching The One this summer and I will be thinking it's cool to see George on TV again. Good on him for doing something so risky.
I don't think the show will engage my brain much more than that because, it's not The Hour. I miss The Hour more now because of this US detour George has taken. I go to the website and remind myself of what I am missing and what I have to look forward to this fall. It's the Claire Martin banter and the Jian Ghomeshi reports and the mile a minute pace of a live TV news show hosted by George with a solid Canadian foundation. There is no substitute. Sure I like the Strombo show, and I will be watching The One, but that ain't no cure for the summertime blues.

Barbara W.

---

Much as I love The Hour and count upon it every evening during the tv watching months to stay informed, and much as I lament it going on hiatus every spring, there is something a little liberating about not being held captive to the tv during the summer months. Sure I may have to read the newspapers a little more thoroughly than I have been and sure I need to make certain that I catch Radio One at the top of the clock to hear the newscasts, but now I can go outside and enjoy the evening without watching the clock.
One of the great things about Canada is the change of seasons, not only because of the variety it adds to our lives, but because suffering through the nasty weather makes us appreciate the fine days. We all need a little sour to fully taste the sweet, we need the dark to appreciate light, we need the winter blasts to fully bask in the summer's glories.
Think of how great it will be to come back to The Hour in the fall, when the days are shortening and we want to come back into the house. It's the yin and the yang.

Barbara B

---

As one of the Stroumboulopouli, I was sure I would be suffering from some emotional loss right about now, but as of yet that feeling hasn't come. Yes, I do miss my standard evening learning session, I miss that set time to sit back, relax with a nice cup of tea and soak up the day's news in The Hour's uniquely informative way. I miss being able to watch George's calm yet aggressive interviews and seeing us "everyday folk" in the Panel Van and everything else that we've all grown to love about the show, but like Barbara B, I appreciate being able to take the time to go outside and enjoy the summer, and not be preoccupied with wanting to be in front of the tv set. Also, knowing that George is out there doing his own thing and enjoying HIS summer is an important factor, I think. He can soak up the sun, and so can we.

Come October, I think we'll all be refreshed and rejuvenated, tanned and sun kissed and ready to settle back into our big comfy chairs for our winter hibernation to lose our tans together and get settled back into routine. For now, I'm able to break routine and do as I please, George can do the same, and The Hour will be that much more enjoyable when it returns.

My suggestion for Hour Summer Heartbreak? Get some fresh air, maybe pick up a new book or two, check out all your local art venues, try a new restaraunt, discover some new bands or new jokes or new friends, and prepare yourself for Season 3 as it's bound to be stellar!!

Alana

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I am going to live with my brother who does NOT have cable. I am most distressed because I won't be able to watch The Hour at his place. I'll have to make an arrangement with my dad to go watch it at his place...sigh...double sigh...

Barbara said...

Hi Wandering Coyote, how are you? The Hour will be on the main CBC channel in the fall so if you get CBC you won't miss it.
I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report Internet Credit Report Credit History Online Credit Reports Online Online Credit Reports Internet Credit Reports Online Credit History Web Credit Report