The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Extraordinary Gentlemen

HUGO BOSS Announce First Year of Award Celebrating Men of Distinction in Canada, read the press release here. Strombo placed third in the Journalism and Education category, the full breakdown of the category;
1. Rudyard Griffiths
2. Peter Mansbridge
3. George Stroumboulopoulos
4. Douglas Coupland
5. Justin Trudeau

8 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I couldn't figure out if this was a fashion contest or an achievement award. I mean, Jeannie Becker was involved, but George got third, so I'm suspecting maybe not so much fashion after all.

Serah said...

It's nice to see George getting some much deserved recongition and in some pretty great company too!

Allison said...

Barb, I know. I was a little puzzled when I found the link, which is part of the reason why I post. But they just seem to be the sponsor.

Serah, Pretty high company indeed.

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

i find this press release poorly constructed. because although Rudyard Griffiths is listed as number one in the journalism field, at top it lists Justin Trudeau as the actually winner.

and i am totally unclear on why these people won. it is possible i think it's a good thing justin trudeau won but...

it's interesting that only women voted.

Toccata said...

The Extraordinary Gentlemen was taken from an article written in the Globe and Mail a couple of weekends ago. It was just piece of fluff in their weekend edition. I think it was in amongst the style section. To be honest the article didn't really interest me and I ditched out part way through.

loring said...

First place is overrated anyway, and you really can't bean Mansbridge. That guy is dead sexy.

Allison said...

That's one of the reasons I posted it, because I thought it was hilarious.

Barbara said...

Peter Mansbridge reminds me of my brother Peter, so if you don't mind me saying so Loring... not sexy.
Good thing my brother does not read blogs.
If you want to put George in the top five Extraordinary Gentlemen of canada I agree! Nothing wrong with being in the top five.