The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

New Team Blog Member - Brooksie

Hello everyone. I go by the name Brooksie and I have been a regular reader of this blog since its inception. I am also a regular participant at the Strombo Forum. I have now joined this team blog and look forward to sharing with you some of my thoughts regarding The Hour and the topics and people it features.

I began watching the show right when it first launched. It has been interesting to see how the show has changed and not changed over the course of 3 years. This has been a popular topic (and contentious one) with the new season. I doubt I will focus on that, but I am sure it will continue to come up.

A little bit about where I get my news and information and how I watch The Hour...

I get some of my news from Newsworld and watch a few of their programs on semi-regular basis (CBC News: Sunday, the Passionate Eye). I enjoy my local TV news and I also get a fair amount of news and information from various websites.

I watch the show with my husband. We typically catch the 8PM Newsworld version though sometimes we tape it and then watch it at 9. It also feels good to have the 11PM version there just in case we miss a part of it (typically the opener - when we are late coming home from an errand or activity).

While my husband enjoys the show as one of his own news and information sources he spends his online reading & commenting energies at different sites than me. Still, we do enjoy the discussion the show can incite for us.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Welcome to the Stroumboulopouli Brooksie. Thank you for joining.
This is going to be fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brooksie.

Brooksie said...

Thanks folks. I think this will be fun.

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

i am looking forward to reading your posts.