The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2:20 with Steph

A 2:20 PC2PC chat with Steph~



1)
If you woke up as the opposite gender, what’s the 1st thing you would do?
Likely get up, go to the washroom and leave the toilet seat up. :-)

2) Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a morning person!

3) Do you have any cool/crazy scars & how did you get them?
Yes. When I was a teenager, my father was using an electric garden edger. It kicked up a stone, firing it directly at my upper thigh. I was only standing about 5 feet away at the time and did it ever hurt and it bled like crazy! It has faded over the years, but for the longest time it looked like I'd been shot.

4) What is your favourite thing about your Mom?
Pretty much everything. :-) I admire her strength of character.
My mom IS the BEST mom ever!!


5) Given a choice other than your present one, what career would you wish to be in?
In my teen years, I briefly considered becoming a Funeral Director, but realized that clientele would not always be elderly people who had lived a long life.
Having said that, I have ALWAYS wanted to be a architect. For years I would draw floor plans and various elevations.
I LOVE ARCHITECTURE.

6) What is the best thing about your career?
The knowledge that each of the children I come in contact with, will take a small piece of me (be it a phrase or an idea) with them into their lives and maybe even pass it on to their own kids.

7) Who did you last get in an argument with?
The nurse at the doctor's office.

8) Do you have any bug phobias?
I don't like BIG spiders or June bugs or earwigs.

9) If your boyfriend were to order an entree for you in a restaurant, what would be his fail-safe?
Peppercorn steak with garlic mashed potatoes.

10) Did you ever sneak out of your house as a teen & if so, were you ever caught?
Nope. I was the perfect child...bwahahahaha.

11) Do you have a favourite "wild animal encounter" story?
Yes. What turned out to be a young squirrel became trapped in behind the wall in my front hall. How he got in, I still have no idea. I could hear it scratching away for a few hours and realized if I didn't help, it would die. I got one of those small humane traps and proceeded to cut a square out of the drywall. I held the trap up against the hole and waited and waited. Eventually, the squirrel ventured out of the wall and into the trap. However, I was so excited that I pulled the trap away from the wall prematurely and he fell out onto the floor and was now running amok on the main level of the house. It took me over an hour and half to get him directed to and out the front door. It was crazy!

12) What is one trait about yourself that you would like to improve?
In many situations, I am a worrywart.

13) If you were to enter & win a cooking contest, what dish would it be for?
I love to BBQ! My best dish is marinated pork tenderloin served with herb & shallot butter and grilled asparagus. I also make a mean grilled pear with chocolate.

14) What is your favourite childhood candy, and do you still indulge from time to time?
Reese Peanut Butter Cups...about once a month...sometimes in ice cream...SO good.

15) In the 80's, what fashion fad are you most embarrassed about participating in?
Big earrings and big hair.

16) What is your most passionate topic of conversation in regards to current political events?
Canada's participation in the war in Afghanistan. Typically this conversation includes Americans who have no clue we are even there.

17) Did you ever yell so loud that you lost your voice for a few days?
No.

18) If you went out to a club with some girlfriends, are you the type to dance or are you a point-and-laugher?
I am not a dancer (unless it's slow dancing and that is a different situation).
;-P
I applaud people who can get up and dance like no one is watching.


19) If you make an outrageously clumsy move, do you get embarrassed & hope nobody sees, or do you laugh at yourself & brush it off?
Oh, I laugh it off. People should not take themselves so seriously.

20) What are you most looking forward to about Autumn?
I live out in the country and when the leaves begin to change it is simply breathtaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph is the champion of the squirrell world!