The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hour Books: The Great Depression Ahead

I received a copy of The Great Depression Ahead by Harry S. Dent jr. when I attended a taping of The Hour last season. I do remember browsing it at the time, but pretty much ignored it after that. For the past two weeks, I've struggled to read this book.

The first time I picked it up, I read about two pages and got distracted by shiny objects. I think that people who either work in finance or have a solid working knowledge about the banking system would find this book interesting and easy to read. Because I lack a solid understanding, I just couldn't get into it. I do think it's interesting that Dent thinks that we'll see the worst banking collapse the world has seen since the Great Depression.
I recommend watching the interview with Harry S. Dent jr. when he appeared on The Hour last season.

No comments: